43.000+ plastic modelers use us . Because the outer wing MG 151s were mounted lower than the MG/FFs, new, larger hatches incorporating bulges and cartridge discharge chutes, were incorporated into the wing lower surfaces. These were similar to the D-11, but featured a Motorkanone nose cannon firing through the propeller hub. , In all, the Ministry of Aviation called for 820 D-11 airframes to be built by Focke-Wulf Sorau, starting in early 1945, Fieseler Kassel was tasked to build 1,420 D-12s starting in the same time frame and the manufacture of the D-13 was passed to Arbeitsgruppe Roland [N 3] tasked with the construction of 1,060 airframes starting again in early 1945. In 1941, he proposed a number of versions featuring new powerplants, and he suggested using turbochargers in place of superchargers. change altitude at various power settings with several aircraft. 5, 6, 10, 19–23. These fixed fairings incorporated a raised deflector to prevent hot exhaust gases from the lower exhausts spilling over onto the tires. The 190 remained in production from 1941 until the end of the war, going through multiple red… The U4 was equipped with fuselage-mounted 7.92 mm (.312 in) MG 17s and 20 mm MG 151 cannon. Memorandum, Neuhausen near Cottbus, 17.9.1944, =============================================================================. They differed from later A-series Fw 190s in that they had shorter spinners, the armored cowling ring was a different shape, with a scalloped hinge on the upper, forward edge of the upper engine cowling, and the bulges covering the interior air intakes on the engine cowlings were symmetrical "teardrops". A third, "white <61," was also found after the war at the Verbandsfuehrerschule General der Jagdflieger.. Also in October, a further order of 315 A-1s, subcontracted to AGO Flugzeugwerke at its Oschersleben factory, began to be built as A-2s.. This attack configuration with additional armor and an ETC 501 centerline bomb rack was officially designated Umrüst-Bausatz kit 3 (abbreviated as /U3). 326 online... mobile version. One, the best known, was Rote 4 (red 4) of JV 44's Platzschutz unit. "The Sturmgruppen—Bomber Destroyers 1944. The A-9 was fitted with the new BMW 801S, called the 801 TS or 801 TH when shipped as a more complete Triebwerksanlage version of the modular Kraftei or "power egg" concept, unitized engine installation (an aircraft engine installation format embraced by the Luftwaffe for a number of engine types on operational aircraft, in part for easy field replacement) rated at 2,000 PS (1,973 hp, 1,471 kW); the more powerful 2,400 PS (2,367 hp, 1,765 kW) BMW 801F-1 was still under development, and not yet available. The A-7 was usually outfitted with the centerline-mounted ETC 501 rack. To combat this and to allow better weapons to be installed in the wings, a structurally redesigned lighter, stronger wing was introduced. Tank's artificial horizon toppled (the cause is not explained).  The new longer propeller spinner and the cowling bulges, which became asymmetrical "teardrops" in shape, remained the same for the rest of the A-series. Unlike the experimental B models, V18 had a cleaner turbocharger installation, running the required piping along the wing root, partially buried in the fillet, and installing both the turbocharger air intake and intercooler in a substantially sized teardrop shaped fairing under the cockpit. /Airplanes/Axis/Germany/02-Fighters/Fw-190/Fw-190A-9.htm | Up-dated: - Cottbus is going to provide BMW with further values in the near future. The first D-0 prototype was completed in October 1942, consisting of an A-5 airframe with the Jumo 213A engine. The Fw 190 A-6 was developed to address shortcomings found in previous "A" models when attacking U.S. heavy bombers.  To quickly implement the fix, it was found that the re-routing could be done easily in Gruppe workshops. , Owing to the failure of multiple attempts to create an effective next-generation 190, as well as the comments of some Luftwaffe pilots, expectations of the Dora project were low.  Another minor change was that the rearmost sections of the sliding canopy were redesigned by replacing the plexiglas glazing with duralumin panels. The R1 replaced the V.Fw. Daha fazla videoya gözat. Örnektir ! savings at most economic power, were without result. The Revi gunsight was updated to the new 16B model. Sonraki oynatılıyor. Operational ceiling was 11,400 m (37,400 ft). During the later years of the war, "composite" aircraft were often assembled. Combat Film 36 - Fw 190 A9 versus B-25J1. The U7 was a high-altitude fighter, easily identified by the compressor air intakes on either side of the cowling. , Tank started looking at ways to address the altitude performance problem early in the program. The reduction in temperature affecting the bottom cylinder went a long way to solving the problem. There was no FuG 25 IFF device in the radio equipment.. A Heinkel He111 H-6 in 1/72 brood my interest for the German Luftwaffe. contains the stipulation for the cooling flaps to be opened at least 30 , Early D-9s reached service without the MW 50 installation, but in the meantime Junkers produced a kit to increase manifold pressure (Ladedrucksteigerungs-Rüstsatz) that increased engine output by 150 PS to 1,900 PS, and was effective up to 5,000 m (16,400 ft) altitude. ", "Royal Museum of the Armed Forces in Brussels, Belgium - photo of surviving German WB 151/20 conformal gunpod", Die Geschichte der Focke-Wulf 190 (German, but lots of data), List of preserved Fw190s around the world. When this was done, the landing gear was slightly improved by enhancing the oleo struts and using reinforced tires. of 25° = 12.25 o'clock, limit low pitch 12.25 o'clock, high pitch For pilots of serial commissioning a "document for The Luftwaffe frequently changed between models on the production line, and it would not have been uncommon for an A5 variant to be converted into an A7 or A8 aircraft. One was fitted with two MG 17s, two 20 mm MG 151s and two 20 mm MG-FFs. Main differences of this variant – the used propeller and cooling fan are molded from plastic; some minor details are covered by PE accessories . The D-13/R11 was fitted with all-weather flying equipment including the PKS12 and K-23 systems for steering and autopilot. The first of these, the A-4/R1, was fitted with a FuG 16ZY radio set with a Morane "whip" aerial fitted under the port wing. Review : http://www.war.ee/modelling_area/view_article.php?id=222/ throttle height the indicated speed was 460 - 480 km/h, where the This is a list of variants of the Focke-Wulf Fw 190, with detailed descriptions. Rolf Schrödeter was added. altitude compared to the TU-engine was so far achieved. The A-5/U8 was another Jabo-Rei outfitted with SC-250 centerline-mounted bombs, under-wing 300-liter drop tanks and only two MG 151s; it later became the Fw 190 G-2. The G-8 used the same "bubble" canopy as the F-8, and was fitted with underwing ETC 503 racks that could carry either bombs or drop tanks. Because of these changes, the A-3 model required a higher octane fuel—100 (C3) versus 87 (B4). , In autumn 1942, a political decision diverted 72 new aircraft to Turkey in an effort to keep that country friendly to the Axis powers. Testing of full throttle heights, speeds, supercharger gear  The standard radio fitted was the FuG 7, although some A-1s were also equipped with FuG 25 "Erstling" IFF (identification friend or foe) equipment. , A late-war attempt was made with the Fw 190 A-10, which was to have begun arriving in pilots' hands by March 1945 and was to be fitted with larger wings for better maneuverability at higher altitudes, which, due to internal space, could have allowed additional 30 mm (1.18 in) caliber, long-barreled MK 103 cannon to be fitted. Here is what the Fw 190 A-8 manual states about the A-9: "With the BMW TS/TH engine installed, the Fw 190 A-8 is redesignated Fw 190 A-9." For example, the wings from a fuselage damaged aircraft and the fuselage from a wing damaged aircraft might be reassembled into a new aircraft and listed as a Fw 190G with a new serial number. "Focke Wulf 190: Part One-the Fw 190A-series fighter variants. With automatic 2700 rpm have to be reached at 1.65 ata. Some A-5s were tested with the MW 50 installation: this was a mix of 50% methyl alcohol and 50% water, which could be injected into the engine to produce a short-term power boost to 2,000 PS (1,973 hp, 1,471 kW), but this system was not adopted for serial production, yet. A new FuG 16 ZE radio navigation system was fitted in conjunction with a FuG 10 ZY. It started with a F-16 Fighting Falcon in 1/32, which was followed by a few cars and trucks. Had it not been for the input of Behrens and Karl Borris, both of whom had originally enlisted in the Luftwaffe as mechanics, the Fw 190 program might have died before reaching the front lines. The Fw 190 F-8 currently displayed at the National Air and Space Museum is one of these "composite" aircraft, built from the fuselage of a Fw 190 A-7. The other complicating factor, sometimes making detailed compilation impossible is that many aircraft were assembled in field workshops where airframes and engines from aircraft withdrawn from service units were recycled.. The Turkish aircraft had the same armament as the A-1: four 7.92 mm (.312 in) synchronized MG 17 machine guns and two 20 mm MG FF cannon. When these fairings were used an additional small plate was fixed to the lower lip of the undercarriage leg fairings. The V5 first flew in the early spring of 1940. This gave the rear fuselage a "stretched" appearance. Jul 15, 2015 - A Focke-Wulf Fw-190-A9 fighter that survived the war sits intact and parked amidst other wrecked aircraft at the Salzwedel Luftwaffe base west of the Elbe River (1945). Compared to its predecessor, the Fw 190 A-8, the A-9 was fitted with an improved, armoured oil tank in a slightly thicker cowl ring, and a more powerful 2,000 hp BMW 801S (or similar) engine. Pilots reported that due to the large amounts of torque produced by the engine, they usually used the steering system during the takeoff run as it helped with the rudder movements. Some U3s used for night operations had a landing light mounted in the leading edge of the left wing-root. The A-9 was very similar to the A-8 in regards to the armament and Rüstsätze kits. V této roli byla významná pøedevším verze A-8 a její pancéøovaná varianta A-8/R2. Two primary Rüstsätze kits were also seen on the F-8. Two 30 mm (1.18 in) MK 108 cannons were installed in the outer wings to complement the 20 mm MG 151s in the inboard positions. All armament except for the MG 151 cannon was removed. In its initial layout, the B-1 was to be fitted with four 7.92 mm (.312 in) MG 17s and two 20 mm MG-FFs. 1023 mbar). Several old Fw 190 A-5s, and later in 1944 A-8s, were converted by replacing the MW 50 tank with a second cockpit. ", "Modeller's guide to Focke-Wulf Fw 190 variants, radial engine versions - part II.  The A-3 retained the same weaponry as the A-2. A total of over 20,000 were produced, including some 6,000 fighter-bomber variants. BMW test setting of 4.2 km) were in between 3.1 and 3.8 km. Armament was similar to the U3, however, and the ETC 501 was usually fitted with a 300 L (80 US gal) drop tank. , With the D version the power plant was changed from the radial engine of earlier models to a 12-cylinder inverted-V liquid-cooled engine. New electrical sockets and reinforced weapon mounts were fitted internally in the wings to allow the installation of either 20 mm or 30 mm (1.18 in) ammunition boxes as well as for underwing armament. , The fighter lacked the higher rate of roll of its close coupled radial-engined predecessor. See A-2 for production numbers. There were two main material used for prop blades : full metal or wood. The same aircraft used for testing the pressurized cockpits were also used to test larger wings (20.3 m²/219 ft² versus the standard 18.3 m²/197 ft² wing). In the second half of thethirties, the arms race had accelerated and to the Reich AirMinistry (RLM) it was obvious that since only one kind of plane forthe fighter mission had been developed for series production, theMesserschmitt Bf-109, the RLM could not guarantee that beyond theimmediate future the Luftwaffe would still be in the lead positionin world military aviation. With the air screw settings given by BMW for the 9-12176 hub Fw 190 V12 (an A-0) would be outfitted with many of the elements which eventually led to the B series. ), The Fw 190 A-7 was a production derivative of the Fw 190 A-5/U9 prototype, and entered production in November 1943. Armament of the Fw 190 F-8 was two 20 mm MG 151/20 cannon in the wing roots and two 13 mm (.51 in) MG 131 machine guns above the engine. New, stiffer undercarriage struts were introduced, along with larger diameter wheels. In the Fw 190 F-8/R1 two ETC 50 bomb racks were installed under each wing, capable of holding one 50 kg bomb each. Four additional prototypes based on the V18/U1 followed: V29, V30, V32 and V33. 206000 was flown by III./KG(J) 27. Fw 190 and Bf 109 - by davep I don't have any info on how many of which fighters served where. A-8s were produced by at least eight factories during its lifetime. This was an opportune time to rebuild it with a new wing which was less tapered in plan than the original design, extending the leading and trailing edges outward to increase the area. However, trials on other aircraft continued in early 1943, when the first few Fw 190 A-1s were modified into B-series testbeds. The R5 was similar to the R1, but the V.Fw. differences between individual B 1 oil coolers are up to 10° C. The , Furthermore, the move to a V12 engine from a radial engine required more components to be factored into the design, most significantly the need for coolant radiators (radial engines are air-cooled). With nearly 1,000 examples produced between late 1944 and early 1945, the Focke-Wulf Fw 190 A-9 was the last radial-engined Fw 190 variant to see operational service with the Luftwaffe. The A-9 cowling was slightly longer than that of the A-8 due to a larger annular radiator within the forward cowl for the oil system. The FuG 25a IFF (identification friend/foe) was fitted on occasion as well as one of the various radio direction finders available at the time. Due to war conditions, the manufacturing environment, and the use of special workshops during the later years of the war, the actual number of G models built is almost impossible to determine. General training of pilots and mechanics. The Fw 190 F-4 to F-7 designations were used for some projects, two of them made it into production and were renamed into F-8/F-9 to unify the subversion with the A-series airframe they were based on.  This "pouch" led to the "Känguruh" (Kangaroo) nickname for these models. power checks gave a mean value of 2430 rpm with narrow bladed fans The Fw 190 F-8 differed from the A-8 model in having a slightly modified injector on the compressor which allowed for increased performance at lower altitudes for several minutes. A new hood jettisoning system, operated by an MG FF cartridge, was introduced. The rest of the armament fit stayed the same as earlier versions; two wing root-mounted 20 mm MG 151s and two outer wing-mounted 20 mm MG 151s. After the completion of W.Nr. Dozens of F-8s served as various testbeds for anti-tank armament, including the WGr.28 280 mm air-to-ground missile, probably based on the projectiles from the Nbw 41 heavy ground-barrage rocket system, and the 88 mm (3.46 in) Panzerschreck 2 rockets, Panzerblitz 1 and R4M rockets. US evaluation of captured Fw 190 A-4 (PDF file), The Flying Heritage Collection's Fw 190A fires up its BMW 801 engine, The Flying Heritage Collection's Fw 190D fires up its Jumo 213 engine, Modeller's Guide to Focke-Wulf Fw 190 Variants, Radial Engine Versions Part I, Modeller's Guide to Focke-Wulf Fw 190 Variants, Radial Engine Versions Part II, Reich Air Ministry (RLM) aircraft designations, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_Focke-Wulf_Fw_190_variants&oldid=995493614, Wikipedia articles needing page number citations from September 2010, Articles with unsourced statements from January 2015, Articles with unsourced statements from October 2019, Articles with unsourced statements from February 2016, Articles with unsourced statements from March 2009, Articles with unsourced statements from February 2007, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Side view of S-8 Wk Nr 584219, "Black 38". It was armed with one Rheinmetall-Borsig 7.92 mm (.312 in) MG 17 machine gun and one 13 mm (.51 in) synchronized MG 131 machine gun in each wing root.. The A-8 was the most numerous of the Fw 190 As, with over 6,655 A-8 airframes produced from March 1944 to May 1945. , The Fw 190 A-3/U3 was the first of the Jabo (Jagdbomber), using an ETC-501 centerline bomb rack able to carry up to 500 kg (1,100 lb) of bombs or, with horizontal stabilizing bars, one 300 L (80 US gal) drop tank. Like the earlier G models, all but the two wing root mounted MG 151 cannons were removed. The 13 mm (.51 in) fuselage guns were removed, and the cowling redesigned by omitting the gun troughs and simplifying to a flat profile. Wood aside, metal props used two types, as you mention: VDM 9-12067A - this is considered as "normal" with narrow blades VDM 9-12153B - this is considered as wide blade prop Prop with wide metal blades had recognisable wider shape, … It also climbed and dived more rapidly than the Fw 190A, and so proved well suited to the dive-and-zoom ambush tactics favored by the Schlageter fighter wing's pilots from November 1944 onward, when the wing converted to the Fw 190D. From todays point of view there are , The Fw 190 G-2: The G-2 was based on the Fw 190 A-5/U8 aircraft. An EK16 gun camera, as well as landing lights, were fitted to the wing leading edge. A fuel filler was added to the port side, below the rear canopy and a rectangular radio access hatch was added to starboard. There were also a small number of U7 aircraft tested as high-altitude fighters armed with only two 20 mm MG 151 cannon, but with reduced overall weight. A D-13 (Wk. The 115 liter (30.4 US gal) capacity tank of the Oldenburg system would hold the MW 50 booster liquid, which was single purpose, while later systems were to be dual purpose, holding either MW 50 or additional fuel. The A-4/U8 was the Jabo-Rei (Jagdbomber Reichweite, long-range fighter-bomber), adding a 300 L (80 US gal) drop tank under each wing, on VTr-Ju 87 racks with duralumin fairings produced by Weserflug, and a centerline bomb rack. V2 followed on October 31st, 1939 and featured a new spinner assembly with new cooling fan. This engine introduced a pioneering example of an engine management system called the Kommandogerät (command-device): in effect, an electro-mechanical computer which set mixture, propeller pitch (for the constant speed propeller), boost, and magneto timing. From the A-8 on, Fw 190s could be fitted with a new paddle-bladed wooden propeller, easily identified by its wide blades with curved tips.  This new wing platform was to be used for all major production versions of the Fw 190. Determination of the proper air screw settings. consumption. (TS-production standard) a mean value of 2380 rpm. In some instances, the fuselage mounted MG 17s were refitted. The first prototype, the Fw 190 V1 (civil registration D-OPZE), powered by a 1,550 PS (1,529 hp, 1,140 kW) BMW 139 14-cylinder two-row radial engine, first flew on 1 June 1939. It soon showed exceptional qualities for such a comparatively small aircraft, with excellent handling, good visibility and speed (initially around 610 km/h (380 mph)). Some late model Doras were also fitted with the broader-chord Ta 152 vertical stabilizer and rudder, often called "Big Tails" by the Luftwaffe ground crews and pilots, as seen on W.Nr. The rear portion of the fuselage was closed off with sheet metal. However, due to the priority given to the Dora variant of the Fw 190 and the new Ta 152, the A-10 never made it past the prototype stage. Of the 17 Dora-11s delivered, three can be accounted for. As a result, the designers had not invested much effort in producing high performance superchargers for it. commissioning have been taken: Engine warm up (without cold start additives) only up to 25°C engine oil temperature. Another, white chevron, was found at München-Riem, and may have served with JV 44 after serving at the Verbandsführerschule General der Jagdflieger (Training School for Unit Leaders) at Bad Wörishofen; it is not known if it was actually used operationally. All Fw 190s which carried the centerline racks had their inner wheel well doors removed and replaced by fixed fairings which were, in effect, a cutaway door. ", Lednicer, David A. While the D-11 was under manufacture, work started on the Fw 190 D-12 and D-13 models. 10 yıl önce | 176 görüntüleme.  A total of 976 A-4s were built between June 1942 and March 1943.. ", This page was last edited on 21 December 2020, at 09:37. , The Fw 190 G-8: The G-8 was based on the Fw 190 A-8. aircraft for stationary set up and commissioning, which are subdivided The centerline weapons rack was changed to an ETC 504 with a simplified and much smaller mounting and fairing. The Fw 190 series began with the "BMW 139" prototypes in the Fw 190 V1 and the Fw 190 V2. The Fw 190 D (nicknamed the Dora; or Long-Nose Dora, "Langnasen-Dora") was intended to improve on the high-altitude performance of the A-series enough to make it useful against the American heavy bombers of the era. (used in TS during production start), with wide bladed fans  The wings of the D-9 still had the electrical circuits and attachment points for the underwing BR 21 rocket propelled mortar, although none appeared to have used these operationally. FW190A-5 to A-9 F & G Sheet 3. As a result, the 190 could not compete with the 109 at altitudes above 6,000 m (20,000 ft), which is one reason that the 109 remained in production until the end of the war. Introduced in July 1942, the Fw 190 A-4 was equipped with the same engine and basic armament as the A-3. Trg racks were removed, and two ETC 50 racks per wing were added. " Flight tests soon showed that the expected benefits of Tank's cooling design did not materialize, so after the first few flights, this arrangement was replaced by a smaller, more conventional spinner that covered only the hub of the three-blade VDM propeller. 0036) with the 1,750 PS 603A, the similar V15 and V16, a 1,800 DB 603 E being fitted to the latter after a time.  The A-3 also introduced the Umrüst-Bausätze factory conversion sets. By overridding the supercharger boost regulator, boost pressures are increased at take-off and emergency power in low supercharger setting from 1,42 ata to 1,58 ata and … The first few models were shipped to the Erprobungsstaffel (formerly from II./JG 26 Schlageter) for further testing. A new internal fuel tank with a capacity of 115 L (30 US gal) was fitted behind the cockpit, which meant that the radio equipment had to be moved forward to just behind the pilot. At full The D-13 also introduced a hydraulic boost system for the ailerons, which was later used on the Ta 152.  The addition of new ventilation slots on the side of the fuselage further aided cooling, and with the widespread availability of the A-2 in the spring of 1942, the overheating problems were greatly reduced.  The roll rate was 162° per second at 410 km/h (255 mph), but the aircraft had a high stall speed of 205 km/h (127 mph). Focke Wulf FW190A5-A9 F&G. Prototypes for all three models were ordered.. Lednicer, David A. The 12-blade cooling fan was initially changed to a 14-blade fan, but it consumed more power to operate and did not really improve cooling; thus BMW reverted to the 12-blade fan. 7–19. It also reduced visibility in nose-high attitudes, notably when taxiing on the ground. Thus the Fw 190 D-13/Rüstsatz 11 (/R11) version was selected to enter production. However it was faster, with a maximum speed of 680 km/h (422 mph) at 6,600 meters (21,650 ft). The Fw 190 A-8 entered production in February 1944, powered either by the standard BMW 801 D-2 or the 801Q (also known as 801TU). The A-8/R2 replaced the outer wing 20 mm cannon with a 30 mm (1.18 in) MK 108 cannon. The BMW 801 engine was similar in diameter to the 139, although it was heavier and longer by a considerable margin. The BMW 139 (and the 801 that followed) had originally been designed as a high-power replacement for earlier engines like the BMW 132 that were used primarily on low-altitude cargo aircraft and bombers. GORAN LAZAREVIC Luftwaffe. Kommandogerät (somewhat lower forces) and the armed forces The Fw 190 F-2s were renamed Fw 190 A-5/U3s, of which 270 were built according to Focke-Wulf production logs and Ministry of Aviation acceptance reports. At low altitude, the top speed and acceleration of these examples were inferior to those of Allied fighters. three dipole antenna elements vertically mounted fore and aft, "Illustration of the fan on cutaway drawing. The normal wing armament was increased to four 20 mm MG 151/20E wing root and outer wing cannon with larger ammunition boxes while retaining the two MG 17 fuselage machine guns. The G-3/R1 was used in both ground strafing and anti-bomber roles. The Fw 190 D-13 started with the construction of two prototypes (W.Nr 732053 and W.Nr 7322054), and the 20 mm MG 151/20 cannon was found to be quite suited for the aircraft and was already well known to be effective against allied bombers, as well as an effective ground support weapon. By the end of 1944, 60 were delivered with the simplified MW 50 system or were at the point of entering service. This Fw 190 A-9 with the unusual W.Nr. The Morane "whip" aerial for the Y-Verfahren was fitted as standard under the port wing, just aft of the wheelwell. 1:01. An estimated 58 Fw 190 S-5 and S-8 models were converted or built. TS-engines. It has also been believed that the 190 F-9 was fitted with a 14 blade cooling fan. Nearly a dozen Rüstsätze kits were made available for the A-8, including the famous A-8/R2 and A-8/R8 Sturmbock models. Due to this extra flight duration, a PKS 11 autopilot was fitted.  While the first few Doras were fitted with the flat-top canopy, these were later replaced with the newer rounded top "blown" canopy first used on the A-8 model. The 801Q/TU, with the "T" signifying a Triebwerksanlage unitized powerplant installation specifically for single-engined aircraft, was a standard 801D with improved, thicker armour on the front annular cowling, which also incorporated the oil tank, upgraded from 6 mm (.24 in) on earlier models to 10 mm (.39 in). After conversion, the aircraft was called the V5g for große Fläche (large surface). The U4 was a "recon" fighter with two RB 12.5 cameras and all armament of the basic A-5 with the exception of the MG FF cannon. The new V.Fw. The Fw 190 A-3 was equipped with the BMW 801 D-2 engine, which increased power to 1,700 PS (1,700 hp; 1,300 kW) at takeoff.  Print Size: A1, A2. Although it was 10 km/h (6 mph) slower than when fitted with the small wing, V5g was much more maneuverable and had a faster climb rate. as follows: Testing for increasing the oil temperature. No. Several of these aircraft were later modified for testing engines and special equipment. The propeller shaft passed through the fan's central plate, which was made of cast magnesium. As this section was behind the pilot's seat, there was little visibility lost.  Sporting good handling and performance characteristics, the D-9 made an effective medium altitude, high speed interceptor, although its performance still fell away at altitudes above about 6,000 m (20,000 ft).  With the introduction of the new cannon, the Revi C12/C gunsight was upgraded to the new C12/D model. Modifications of the type to date had caused the weight of the aircraft to creep up. The A-10 was to be powered by the 801 F engine. The most important innovation introduced by the A-4 was, however, the fitting of various Umrüst-Bausätze factory-refit packages. It was a fast and versatile fighter and was unusual in that it had an 18 cylinder radial engine. The Fw 190 A-1 is a Rank II German fighter with a battle rating of 3.7 (AB) and 3.3 (RB/SB). With the TS engine a speed gain of about 30 km/h at 1 km Related products. , In August 1940 a collision with a ground vehicle damaged the V5 and it was sent back to the factory for major repairs. A loop aerial for radio navigation, mounted on a small "teardrop" base was fitted under the rear fuselage, offset slightly to port, with an additional short "whip" aerial aft of this. On 20 February 1945 the plane had an accident with 15% damage during rolling on the ground. Fw 190 A-3/Umrüst-Bausatz 1 (/U1) (W.Nr 130 270) was the first 190 to have the engine mount extended by 15 cm (5.9 in), which would be standardized on the later production A-5 model. There were several major Rüstsätze for the A-7, many including Werfer-Granate 21 WGr 21 rockets. The U2 was armed with only two 20 mm MG 151 cannon. Typically the G-1s flew with underwing fuel tanks, fitted via the VTr-Ju 87 rack. Prior to the installation of the TS/TH engine some late A-8s receive the updated BMW 801 TU which was an interim engine before the TS/TH engines could be manufactured. Takip et. Gruppe, Jagdgeschwader 2 Rommelhausen-Stockheim, Germany Spring 1945. The A-5/U12 was the prototype installation of what was known as the R1 package from the A-6 onwards. The Fw 190 G was built as a long-range attack aircraft (Jagdbomber mit vergrösserter Reichweite - abbreviated JaBo Rei). The bubble canopy design with the larger head armour was fitted as standard.